Monday, April 4, 2011

In Christ Alone

In Christ alone my hope is found... is how one of my all time favorite songs starts. Christ is our firm foundation, our stronghold which will never be shaken or destroyed, no matter how fierce the storm or how large the problem. A couple of scriptures that reflect this are Psalms 20:7 (ESV), "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." and 2 Samuel 22:3 (ESV), "my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence." It's important to remember that God doesn't promise to keep us from physical harm, in fact, if you are imitating Christ you are guaranteed to experience persecution of some sort. That shouldn't get you down though, Jesus said, "Blessed is he who is persecuted for my sake" and Paul repeatedly is seen rejoicing in his suffering, if your being persecuted you are in good company. When it seems like everyone is out to get us and nothing seems to be going our way we can find a peace and joy that surpasses understanding, by running to our refuge and strength, "our ever present help in times of trouble." A while back I read a blog post that expresses this, perhaps a little better than I did: My Hope is Found

If you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ please scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find out how to begin a relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment