Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Death

      Death isn't an easy subject to write about and it is pretty uncomfortable to read about it, but unfortunately death is constantly around us; a fact that I was made all too aware of today. Elijah Tolbert, a 17 year old was killed in a motorcycle accident. Honestly, even though Elijah went to church with me for a year or so, I can't say that I knew him too well apart from playing pickup games of basketball and shooting pool with him. However, I did know him well enough to say that (and I think everyone who knew him will agree) he was a great guy: nice, genuine, and had a nice jump shot, but in the blink of an eye all that was stripped away. All that mattered at that point was whether or not Elijah had accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior, which I can say with confidence that I was blessed to call him a brother in Christ.
      Life is short, we are not promised tomorrow, so what are you going to do with today? Are you going to continue to live without making any sort of impact? The majority of Christians live their entire lives without making any more of an impact in the world than they did the day before they came to have a relationship with Christ. So what about you? Will you continue in mediocre Christianity or will you take up your cross and live a life of radical abandon, no reserve, no regrets?

If you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ please scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find out how to begin a relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment