Friday, June 3, 2011

...In Perfect Peace


As many of you know, I am spending the summer in Costa Rica serving with 6:8 Ministries. It has been awesome to see what God is doing here and I know it will only continue to get better. However, anytime God is doing an incredible work Satan tries to put a stop to it. The past couple of weeks Satan has been trying his hardest to stop what is happening here and frankly I was scared even though God had already shown me in a very clear way that He is faithful to keep me and protect me. Then one morning I opened my Bible to read Proverbs; however, for some reason I did not notice that I had turned to Isaiah instead. This is part of what I read,
"You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on You
because he trusts You"
Isaiah 26:3
As I read this I felt my fears and worries melt away and found true peace and rest in God's arms. As I leaned back in my chair praising God and thanking Him for his continual faithfulness, I reflected on the events of the past weeks, how God had showed up and showed off and made it abundantly clear that my God is greater than anything Satan can throw at me. I'm reminded of Romans 8:31,
 "What then shall we say to these things? 
If God is for us, who can be against us?" 

With God on our side there is nothing that can stand against us. How any Christian can read Romans 8:31 and continue to walk around timid and scared to live out the faith boldly is beyond my understanding. Life is difficult and so often it gets more difficult (to the world's eyes) the closer we get to God, but if you truly place your faith in Jesus Christ you find peace and joy in the midst of difficulties and trials, a peace and joy that to a non-Christian is seemingly impossible. We recently had a team here and while having a discussion with them one of them mentioned that so often Christians read a promise in the Bible such as, "You give him perfect peace..." and think "that's great" but never claim it, just like salvation is available to all but some never accept it. So I encourage you to act on God's promises place your complete trust in Him, give up control to Him and gain freedom in Christ and a peace that surpasses understanding. To my readers, "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ"


If you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ please scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find out how to begin a relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment